Saturday, October 11, 2014

Getting into college

"Guys, please do the best you can. Your parents sent you here to see you success so make them proud. Study hard, get the scroll and give it to them"

That speech was from a so-called facilitator in local university. A speech for grown up people. Give. Me. A. Break.

I'd say that's the most common bullshit people said like forever. And I honestly don't like that speech at all.

I don't know about anyone else but for me, that speech might work for kids at primary school and secondary but for high school kids and college dudes, that's gay speech.

Usually kids don't really get why they need to study and pass exam. They tend to play games or watch tv and hate study. When I was a kid just like to go to school because I wanna meet my friends. Not learning anything. That's why people use "parents" word to motivate them. Sometimes it does work but others are not.

However for high schoolers and college students, I wanna ask something. Do you really get in there, sit in that class or hall, watch your lecturers wasting energy trying to educate you, do you do all that just because of your parents or for yourself?

I honestly said that I did it for myself. I want it so I can get better job (well, obviously it doesn't). But the bright side I got the knowledge. I also think 95% of others university/college students do that for themselves. So what's the point of making speech using "parents" word?

Second question is, if you really do for your parents, how long will that able to motivate you? For people from poor background I think that will drive you as long as you in college. But how about others? Do you really can stand the pressure of always need to pass exam and submit assignments? Will you able to finish your study, hold that scroll and give it to your parents? I'll let you answer that to yourself because it doesn't matter what my answer is.

And for me, sometimes "parents" word kinda a burden to hear. It's like you need to do it although you hate it. And when you fail exam, that burden becomes exccessively unbearable. At that point, people may have 2 options; regroup themselves and get pass the next exam or jump from a building. Some student does pick the second choice and that is just sad.

So for me, there's no real speech. Just do what you gotta do. study smart and grab that scroll before going home.

At some point you would feel wary and need something to motivate you. I went through that when I was in third and forth year. It was really hard. It took months for me to get it. And I just do it for my grades and for job. I don't know. It's kinda came to me. I can't explain that.

So, just set in mind, you get in there for yourself. Just picture it. Some day in future, when you got nice job later, nice car, nice home, who will be in there? It's you. Not your parents or your siblings. They will be there but not for long. It's you will sit in there till you dead. So just do a favor for yourself to leave all that bullshit you do everyday and study.

Is that a good speech? I hope it does. Huhu.

That's all for now. See ya'll next week.

2 comments:

  1. Not bad at all. Happy birthday. Allah selamat kan kamu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! Do it for YourSelf! Our Parents are simply motivators...

    ReplyDelete